From pharmacies and bakeries to cafés, furniture stores, and neighborhood retailers, 901–911 W. Jefferson has been a place of commerce for more than a century.

Built around 1911–1912, the Jefferson & Tyler Building at 901–911 W. Jefferson Boulevard is one of Oak Cliff’s clearest surviving examples of early streetcar-era commercial architecture. Designed by Dallas builder-architect Charles A. Gill, the “store and flat” building originally housed neighborhood shops and offices below with flats above.

For more than a century, its storefronts have reflected the changing character of Oak Cliff—from pharmacies, groceries, and meat markets to bakeries, cafés, furniture stores, and neighborhood retailers. Located on land once associated with the Briggs Sanitarium, the building carries a layered history that connects Oak Cliff’s early medical, residential, and commercial past.